i always come across as someone who is nonchalant about things – but it’s completely false. i always feel insecure and this is my emotional outlet. please read at your own risk 😉
some trivial facts about me:
- i absolutely love listening to indies music. i believe listening to indies music is the key to understanding myself better. i listen to bon iver, death cab for cutie, of monsters and men, augustana, radiohead, iron & wine and ben howard. i am also a big fan of brit rock
- i’m addicted to playing temple run – i never believe one can play it once and stop. you just play and play until you either find yourself having procrastinated too much or just tired.
- i love maths and physics with a passion. i listen to indies music to understand myself and the people around me, and i learn maths and physics to understand the material world and see patterns in things and how everything seems to fall into place so coincidentally. like the right hand grip rule. when i learned how it was used, i was like ‘but how is it so coincidental?” just goes to show even your hands can teach you physics.
- i’m a huge fan of the comedy series, the big bang theory. i am genuinely able to relate to the characters, the insecurity, the awkwardness – it’s all there!
- i’ve known how to speak french for 6 years now and i must say, it’s really one of the most beautiful languages i know.
- i’m an infp. so i’m basically an idealist, a loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, hermit, likes the rain, sometimes can’t control fearful thoughts, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic. – copied off http://similarminds.com/jung/infp.html with minor alterations – all of them are true of me. i may have come across as someone who’s outgoing back in secondary school, but i still prefer a small, familiar company of people.
- this is my favourite quote:
“Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.”
― Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – see how numbers can also explain the non-material facet of life? 😉